As Senior Product Manager, I managed the product roadmap for Tremor Video’s VideoHub service (a Demand Side Platform -- DSP), largely for the managed service side of the business. My work included the identification, prioritization and subsequent management of new product features/enhancements across a team of distributed design, engineer and QA resources located in three different time zones (e.g. Singapore, San Francisco, New York). Within this role, I served as a voice of our customers (e.g. ad trafficking teams) helping improve both our platform experience for the ad trafficking teams and platform performance for our clients and partners. Key product domains included management for video ad trafficking, viewability, audience, inventory and cross-device targeting.
Phil brought a level of sophistication to the video space and has a wealth of innovative product ideas and different perspectives on solving user problems. With his background in design, he was a collaborative product manager and came armed with ideas on usability. His ability to articulate and lead product strategy, along with his passion and drive made him a thoughtful player on our team.”
— Bo DiMatteo, Director of Product Design and UX
Core clients included:
- Ad Trafficking: Managed product leadership across multiple departments to outline requirements ensuring we development products that were on time, on budget, and delivered measurable results.
- Design: Working with our creative team in Boston, guided all prototyping and design in close coordination with our developers ensuring consistent outcomes across all product releases.
- Development: Worked closely scoping and managing the prioritization and subsequent execution of our DSP product backlog across a large distributed development team based in Singapore, New York, San Francisco and Boston.
- Product Marketing: Partnered with product marketing to identify, develop, and later promote new product features for clients and unlock additional incremental revenue for the company.
Problems I worked on:
- How can we build smarter faster products using Artificial Intelligence (AI) where decisions are based on performance as opposed to perception?
- How can we enhance the performance of our platform through the integration of new third-party tools and services?
- How can we improve the user experience of our platform while ensuring the continual development and maintenance of an experience our user's are accustomed to?
- Oversaw and improved the communication between our ad trafficking, operations, and engineering teams. As a product manager, this attention/intention brought a renewed sense of appreciation led to the design/development of more useful features including 25+ workflow enhancements.
- Led the design and engineering teams integration of multiple 1st and 3rd-party data solutions adding to and improving the scope and scale for Tremor Video's audience targeting capabilities across the DSP. Several of these integrations included partnerships with Nielsen OCR, eXelate, Neustar, BlueKai and Liveramp.
- Helped lead and introduce Tremor Video's first true all-screen (mobile, desktop, tablet) product solution, which became a leading source of revenue for the company. Instead of waiting for an Ad Trafficker to reallocate budget (when it's too late) based on outdated data, this solution provided an ability to rely on our DSP to automatically reallocate spend (per device), aways based on realtime ad performance (ie set it and forget it).